Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome

Well, I have been wanting to get my view out there for the past decade.  I have always cared about who our leaders are, what they are doing and how it is that ordinary people can change things for the better.  My youth was spent talking, talking, talking, to anyone who would listen about any number of topics.  Things seemed exciting in the Clinton era (the first presidential cycle in which I was at all politically aware) and my thoughts spun around saving the oceans and our land, honoring Indian treaties and global justice. Not getting anywhere, I decided to break my vow of treading paths less trodden, and attend a University.  I graduated last May from Penn State with a BA in International Politics and a BS in Agricultural Sciences.  I had my first son two weeks after graduation (and he is a dream).  I can't say that I am happy with my decision to attend a University...yet.  I was very politically active before college, and I was active as a citizen during college, but not the extent needed in this historical time I am witnessing.  I regret that I could not devote myself wholly to political activism over the past five years, but will try to make up for that now.  I am also 60,000 in debt.  If I had started a business (which I was adamant about doing before my decision to attend University) I may have 60,000 or more in my bank account.  Ah, well.. moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment