Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Encouragement

So, a few things I caught on the news lately have encouraged me.  One, the website Eventual Millionaire, which has inspired me to change my budgeting ways; and the other a show on PBS Newshour (my trusted source of news) about Time Banking, a modern bartering system that, as one member said, helps his Maine town remember community. 

Both of these are examples of how people can help themselves in a though economy.  It's not up to the government...it's up to us!  We can create a nation worthy of America's historic praise, but we have to get a grip on our own finances (and start some businesses!) and our communities - to build health, wealth and happiness into our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I will check these sites out. I enjoyed reading your blog tonight - it does sound encouraging and positive.

    ReplyDelete